This is the Beaufort Hat - I really liked the way this one turned out, and indeed it does remind me of the ocean, but not the way the designer intended. I took the yarn on vacation (it did seem to enjoy it) and didn't end up using it. But it did have a little sand in it! After much thought, and finding the invoice in the bag - this yarn came from Smiley's in New York, and is over 14 years old! I had purchased it while expecting Jake! So this is 2 of 12 and I'm casting on 3...
Now this is the Harvest Hat - I HATE this hat! I'm sure the pattern is perfectly lovely, but I had some mystery yarn in the stash and decided to use it, now I wish I'd just lost it! No rants, and I'm hoping someone will get some use out of it, but ick! So staying in the vein - this is a free pattern and a stash reduction, and it's done!
I've also got to say thanks to Jake - he printed off all the patterns for me from Ravelry, put them in plastic slip sleeves, hauled all the old stash out and we made hat kits I could just grab and run with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment